Friday, February 06, 2009


I got a quilting frame and quilting machine for Christmas and I'm absolutely in love with it.  It makes quilting the tops of quilt allot more enjoyable than trying to do it on a regular sewing machine.  I wish I could afford the $10K setup with a real long arm and automated quilting but I can't and this setup works just fine.  I can always make it automated but for now I think I will pass.  I really love to make quilt tops but even with this setup, quilting the tops is still my least favorite.  I'm trying to finish some of the quilt tops that I have done and not make more till I finish one.  So far I've finished 3 quilt tops that I had done before I got my frame and 1 quilt top that I just made.  I also have one new quilt top on the frame ready to be quilted.  I plan on turning on the music and having a couple margaritas  while quilting tonight so I can add another one to my stack of finished quilts, that way I can make some quilt tops:)  The first quilt pictured is done with Sandi Henderson prints from her Ginger Blossom and Farmers Market line.  I used Hip to Be Square pattern by Busy Bee  Designs.  The second quilt was one of the first quilts I made using a baby quilt book by Alex Anderson.  I used some old Amy Butler prints to make this one.  The third quilt was made using scraps from Sandi Henderson's Ginger Blossom and Farmers Market print, I didn't use a pattern just did a crazy quilt.  The last one was made with Patty Young's Andalucia fabric using Miss Molly from Abbey Lane Quilts.


Mama Krit said...

Oh goodness, this is beautiful!!! My favorite is the flower quilt. I definitely want to make one like that. Did you have a pattern for it, or make it up as you went? Gorgeous.

Lacy said...

Those are all so beautiful. I am so jealous. I have been wanting to make a quilt for some time but don't even know where to start. Great job!